- 1 large carrot, shredded or julienned
- 4 baby bells peppers, sliced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp honey
- 4 tsp coconut aminos, divided
- Juice of 1/2 lime, plus lime wedges for serving
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 tsp ginger juice
- 2 tbsp chili garlic sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt, or to taste
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, sliced or shredded
- Extra basil, toasted sesame seeds, chili flakes, cauliflower rice, and edible flowers, for serving (optional)
- Combine the carrot, peppers, green onions, fish sauce, honey, lime juice, and one teaspoon of the coconut aminos in a medium bowl. Toss well and set aside.
- Heat a large wok or heavy-bottomed skillet over medium heat. Add the sesame oil and once hot, add the ground beef. Brown all over, breaking it up as it cooks, about 5 minutes. If necessary, drain off the grease from the meat before seasoning.
- Add the ginger juice, chili garlic paste, salt, black pepper, and 1 cup of fresh basil. Cook, stirring frequently until the basil is wilted (about 3-5 minutes).
- Divide the beef evenly among serving bowls over caulirice (optional), top with equal amounts of the carrot and pepper mixture. Garnish with fresh basil, toasted sesame seeds, and chili flakes, if desired.